Not sure if I should be happy/sad/angry...or indifferent

For suggestions on what helps us cope after our lives have been affected by suicide.

Not sure if I should be happy/sad/angry...or indifferent

Postby Moun10dew » Wed Sep 03, 2014 3:43 pm

Have posted some of this history before on my situation but here is a refresher. I lost my girlfriend..first woman who said they loved me (it was also the last thing she said to me in her note). I loved (and still love) her with all my heart. She was married but separated at the time we started dating. She found out 5 months prior to us dating that her husband of 13 years had been cheating on her. She moved out and moved in with her sister (it's her home that my gf committed suicide in). Anyway while we where dating her husband was of course pissed off big time (although I didn't meet him until the funeral and he apologized for some of the stuff he did and said). However he was also out dating too. Kristin told me a number of times she wanted him to find someone that made him as happy as I had made her. She committed suicide the week following Valentines Day.

This brings me to present. I recently started dating someone....first since Kristin's suicide. Both myself and my (now ex) girlfriend are survivors, as her husband committed suicide about a year before Kristin. We started to date in April...and by August 1st we broke up. So I'm back to being single again. Today i just found out that Kristin's ex is engaged. I'm kind of a mix of emotions on how I feel about this. I'm also looking at my situation...and wondering why I'm alone and why he's getting married again. I'm happy for him that he found someone that made him happy like Kristin wanted him to be. I'm sad because I look at my recent situation..and I'm angry...because of my current situation and here he is getting married again.

I'm not sure how I should feel...or should I even care?
Moun10dew
Regular

Re: Not sure if I should be happy/sad/angry...or indifferent

Postby Moun10dew » Mon Sep 22, 2014 10:00 am

Well...decided I don't care. Let him live his life. I'll live mine. Not like I'm ever going to see the guy again. Only saw him twice after Kristin's funeral anyway.
Moun10dew
Regular

Re: Not sure if I should be happy/sad/angry...or indifferent

Postby Hurt » Sat Sep 27, 2014 6:30 pm

Sounds like you made the right choice, good job.
Hurt

Return to Coping