Tapping as a technique to deal with anxiety

For suggestions on what helps us cope after our lives have been affected by suicide.

Tapping as a technique to deal with anxiety

Postby Jillgalusha » Thu Aug 28, 2014 12:57 pm

My friend intruded me to TAPPING. It is a bit like accupressure but it has helped me some. You state and rank your anxiety out loud and then do a series of tappings across your head, chest, sides and arms., each time repeating the anxiety. In the second pass of tapping, you state a way to relieve those anxieties and say them out loud throughout the tapping ritual.

For example, I would say " I am feeling very anxious about Claire's death" and repeat this throughout the tapping session. Then I state "I will learn to go on without Claire in my life" or "My family needs and loves me, I must learn to heal".

Look up Tapping on Google or Youtube for instructions. I do it up to 10 times a day on a really bad day and it helps. Jill Galusha

PS - Some might think it is hocus pocus but what the hell? It certainly can't HURT. It works for me.
Jillgalusha
Visitor

Re: Tapping as a technique to deal with anxiety

Postby cali » Sat Aug 30, 2014 11:46 pm

There are many different practices that employ tapping. It's powerful. Even non-verbal tapping across the chest can help clear blocked emotions and stimulate the lymph system. Thanks for sharing this, and I am very sorry for the loss of Claire. Such a beautiful name you gave her.
cali
Supporting

Return to Coping