Robin Williams Death

For suggestions on what helps us cope after our lives have been affected by suicide.

Robin Williams Death

Postby RD12 » Tue Aug 12, 2014 2:01 pm

Every time a famous person, or their child, takes their life, a host of painful memories come rushing back. The moment I hear the news, my heart stops beating, just like it did when I got the news about Ryan. I don't expect these sudden flashbacks to ever go away.

Now we get to listen to the experts on TV for a couple days and suffer the morons on social media sharing their ignorant views on suicide. About the only good that comes out of these tragedies is a brief flash of focus on depression and the addictions that often accompany depression. The more celebrities that succumb to suicide, the more people realize that it can happen to alomst anybody. Unfortunately most people quickly resume their sheltered lives and ignore the muted signs and cries for help from people close to them.

Based on experience, nothing we can do or say to the survivors will take away the dull pain and grief of losing a loved one to suicide, but we have to try anyway.

Rest in Peace – Robin Williams
RD12
Regular

Return to Coping