how to help a widow cope?

For suggestions on what helps us cope after our lives have been affected by suicide.

how to help a widow cope?

Postby berny » Sat Aug 02, 2014 2:12 am

First I'd like to say sorry to you all for your losses and thanks in advance for any help/advice I may get.

a friend of mine who has no family in the country (we are trying to get parents here ASAP but takings time due to visas) and no other friends either became a widow 3 days ago.

She seems to be going up and down to extremes which I understand is very normal. When she is fine she seems like her old self. sad but completely normal. But when she is down she says thinks like her husband is cold and needs clothes or that her husband is here although I do believe she knows he is not...

Another thing is she is in a mental hospital at the moment and I can't even visit her as I have a baby I'm breast Feeding so only way are communicating is by phone which does take a lot of emotion out off what I'm saying.

The reason for this post is to ask how do I react to her when she is on a low. What can i say when she is implying that her husband is alive??
berny
Visitor

Return to Coping