Last post to grief meditations

For suggestions on what helps us cope after our lives have been affected by suicide.

Last post to grief meditations

Postby karenp » Sun Jun 19, 2011 8:48 am

http://suicidegriefmeditations.blogspot.com/

I posted the last of the grief meditations or reflections that I've been posting to the above blog. It seems spiritual to me that I ended with the last one on Father's Day. I surely didn't plan to. Thank you all for reading them.

Sincerely,
Karen
karenp
Regular

Re: Last post to grief meditations

Postby Blossom » Tue Jun 21, 2011 5:02 pm

Thank you - I really enjoyed your writing. Now I make two cups of tea - one for me and one for my inner critic. Priceless.
Blossom x

If nothing else, give refuge to those in need.
Blossom
Mentor

Postby karenp » Tue Jun 21, 2011 5:16 pm

Thank you, Blossom! I appreciate that you have read them! I'm glad that I found my way to letting them out for others to read, too. :)
karenp
Regular

Postby karenp » Thu Jun 23, 2011 9:03 am

Thank you, Lanie.
I set these meditations aside about 5 years ago and stopped writing anything. I think they were the source of my writer's block because when I started writing them, I wanted to make up one of those 365 daily meditations little books like you see for in the self-help areas of a bookstore. By the time I finished writing 30 of them, I felt like I was saying the same thing over and over again. I made a halfhearted attempt to get them published and was rejected, then I thought about self-publishing them. I think putting these out on a blog has helped me to step back into my writing world again. I am surprised at how many hits I've had on this blog, really. I started going to a writer's group a couple of months ago and applied to and was accepted to a creative writing program. So I really feel like I have crawled out of hole in a lot of ways by putting these meditations in a blog to share with the world. I appreciate your comment, Lanie--a lot!
Karenp
karenp
Regular

Return to Coping