Dad shot step mom then himself

For friends and family members of people who took the life of someone else before ending their own lives. Issues relating to murder-suicide complicate grief for those left behind, so the need for positive support is significant.

Dad shot step mom then himself

Postby mlm092876 » Thu Feb 05, 2015 9:30 am

Not ready to get into all the details but I'm struggling coping with this. 3 weeks ago my dad shot my step mom in the head killing her instantly and then turned the gun and shot himself. My step mom had told him she was leaving him and he snapped I guess. She loved him but for 25 years of their marriage she kept quiet when anything bothered her and when she finally couldnt take it anymore she decided to leave. I cant wrap my head around it...he took them both away from us....she was my 2nd mom and I was very close to her. I could go to her with anything and she never judged me always said we'll get through it and helped however she could. She loved him and he loved her so its hard hearing people ask if she didnt love him anymore or if he was abusive to her. People think they got in a fight and he killed her....it wasnt that way....I hate that he did it but I know he loved her and he said they would always be together....I miss them both so much...my heart aches and I want to rip it from my chest to ease the pain. I cant sleep and I cant stop thinking about them....no matter what I do everything reminds me of them. Wondering if this pain will ever ease or if Ill always have this feeling of emptiness.
mlm092876
Visitor

Re: Dad shot step mom then himself

Postby Cschwab » Fri Feb 06, 2015 3:38 am

My heart feels your pain ;(.
Cschwab

Re: Dad shot step mom then himself

Postby cali » Sat Feb 07, 2015 10:29 pm

It will ease, but it will take time, quite a bit of time, as this is the hardest type of grief to experience. These are very early days for you now. Just put one foot in front of the other, take it a moment at a time, breathe, and be kind to yourself. Drink plenty of water, and rest when you can. It is normal not to be able to sleep right now but rest is important. Some of us had to resort to supplements or prescriptions to be able to sleep at first. I'm so very sorry for your loss. I am thinking of you, and sending you strength and rest.
cali
Supporting

Return to Murder - Suicide