My Dad killed my mom and then himself 5/28/2013

For friends and family members of people who took the life of someone else before ending their own lives. Issues relating to murder-suicide complicate grief for those left behind, so the need for positive support is significant.

My Dad killed my mom and then himself 5/28/2013

Postby Trish28 » Sat Jun 15, 2013 9:32 pm

It still seems unreal. Just over 2 weeks ago I opened facebook at a stop light and saw a news post that an elder couple had been murdered. The post showed a picture of my parents street and mentioned the name of the street my parents lived on. I blew through the stop light and tried to call my dad, and then my mom, both of their phones went directly to voice mail. By the time I pulled up to my house, I was hysterical. I ran up to my door and threw my phone at my husband and collapsed on the front porch. He finally got ahold of my daughter and she confirmed that my parents were dead......my husband grabbed me and said to give him a hug....I said no....this isn't happening....please tell me it isn't true...As the story developed it became clear that my dad had shot my mom and then himself. My mom was running away in the driveway and my dad shot her in the back, then he went to her and shot himself......so much more to the story but I am unable to go there right now. I have had every emotion in the book so far......but I can say that God is good and He has carried me through this so far. I loved both of my parents.....my Mom was my best friend. I keep wanting to pick up the phone and call her.
Trish28
Visitor

Re: My Dad killed my mom and then himself 5/28/2013

Postby psyquestor » Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:47 pm

((((Trish)))) Post as much or as little as you are comfortable with. I was not able to talk about my son's suicide for a long time. I did not have the words to describe all of the feelings I was having or the pain of it all. I understand how that feels. Please know that you are not alone and that others are here, who understand some of what you are feeling now. The first few months were a blur for me in some ways. I was in shock and I kept waiting to wake up and find it was all a bad dream. I kept waiting for my son to pull in the driveway or the phone to ring. All normal at this point.

There are a few links at the top of the page that describe the many things you may feel in the first few weeks / months. Reading helped me to feel that what I was going through, was "normal" for having had a traumatic loss. I hope this helps you some too.

I'm so sorry you found out in such an impersonal way (facebook post). (((hugs)))
Tammy
Proud Army Mom

I thought I would lay down and die after losing my Son to suicide.
Instead I chose to fight the monster that killed him.
http://www.afsp.org

Hold On, Pain Ends
psyquestor
Supporting

Postby suepred » Wed Jul 24, 2013 7:36 pm

God bless you. I am so sorry you are here, but you have found a place of love and help. Be kind to yourself, rest often grief is exhausting, drink lots of water and comehere when ever you want. We are here. peace suepred This site does help!
suepred
Regular

Postby lainie » Fri Jul 26, 2013 4:36 pm

Dear Trisha 28...there are just no words..my heart reaches out to you. Please know we are all here for you..this site helped me so much when I lost my son...reaching out to all those who love you will help you walk this journey...one day at a time..and remember to breathe...hugs to you,

Lanie
Brandon's Mom
lainie
Regular

Return to Murder - Suicide