Forgiveness

Especially for parents whose sons or daughters died by suicide.

Forgiveness

Postby cmarie » Fri Dec 19, 2014 9:08 pm

The other day I heard someone say glibly about something trite: " I would never forgive myself."
It made me stop for a I moment and I thought about it- what is it like to never forgive yourself? What does that feel like? Is it true? Does that really happen- people never forgiving themselves?

A few days later I heard a story about a woman who had been kidnapped and held hostage in the Middle East. She talked about how she had forgiven her captors. When asked why and how she had been able to forgive, she spoke about not wanting to carry around anger and bitterness, and being able to move on with her life.

It makes me think about forgiving myself- for all the things I could have done that might have kept Liam here.

I'm not there yet. Not really. Not in my heart of hearts.

What a gift -forgiveness- maybe one day I will be able to give and receive it.

I wish you all the gift of forgiveness at this very difficult time of year.
Take care,
I'll love you forever,
I'll like you for always.
As long as I'm living,
My baby you'll be.
cmarie
Supporting

Re: Forgiveness

Postby Blossom » Sat Dec 20, 2014 4:54 am

I don't think it ever gets truly resolved....maybe the thing about being human is that there is no 'perfect' healing - that we have no true-north without contrast. That contrast may appear, no matter how short or weakened, to serve us in quite complicated ways. Sounds good, eh? I do not gain insight so well by myself. I am far better speaking to myself in responding to others.

All my love. xxx
Blossom x

If nothing else, give refuge to those in need.
Blossom
Mentor

Postby cmarie » Sat Dec 20, 2014 10:30 pm

I like it. Thank you.
I'll love you forever,
I'll like you for always.
As long as I'm living,
My baby you'll be.
cmarie
Supporting

Postby NickW » Mon Dec 22, 2014 8:08 pm

The Dalai Lama says all things are possible with Love and Compassion, my Wife and I are surrounded by compassionate people who Love us, so in time perhaps forgiveness will find a way.

I wish all Love and Peace for the New Year.
Love Never Dies.
NickW

Return to Fathers and Mothers