Heaven and Hell

Especially for parents whose sons or daughters died by suicide.

Re: Heaven and Hell

Postby kerrylot » Mon Mar 02, 2015 8:22 am

They are ignorant spiteful people. Maybe they believe it doesn't matter how much pain they cause as, if they attend church, they will go to heaven anyway?!
There is never an excuse to be so nasty and certainly not to people already in so much pain!
Your son is defined by his life, not his last minutes here,
Kerry
kerrylot
Visitor

Postby briansfolks » Sat Mar 07, 2015 12:59 pm

Thank you! I try to get past their evil comments and even the silence of some people when I mention that my son is with God now knowing their silence means they do not believe that my son is in Heaven with God. It is difficult to think that people are so mean spirited but they exist. I miss him so!
briansfolks
Regular

Postby littlesisteroftwo » Sat Mar 21, 2015 3:47 pm

I have faced this issue too. I have lost a sister and brother to suicide, and I can't tell you how many times I've heard comments about them being in hell. Well, my siblings were Christians and I am positive they are in Heaven. NO where in the Bible does it say if you die by suicide you go to hell. I don't know where people get that? It's just not true. I even had to prove my point to a pastor, which is just ridiculous. But, think about it. Let's say a Christian is driving down the road and at that very moment he is entertaining an impure sinful thought, and the very next moment he gets into a horrific accident and dies. Is he going to hell too? The Bible says sin is sin, there is no sin bigger or smaller than anther. So, is God going to keep everyone who has sin in their life out of Heaven, if they happen to be sinning at the hour of their death? No! It doesn't work like that. The Bible says we have all sinned. Jesus came to be the sacrifice for that. That is grace. Grace isn't removed because we fall down and commit a sin. Even if that sin is suicide. God doesn't reject our loved ones, he welcomes them and embraces them. They are forgiven. They are with him and out of pain and finally have the eternal peace they deserve. Don't listen to what people say, they are ignorant. They need to read their Bibles.
littlesisteroftwo
Visitor

Postby briansfolks » Mon Mar 23, 2015 10:01 pm

Thank you for your post because we still hear this even now. The subtleness of our Priest or ministers I know with their silence when I speak that our son is in Heaven. That speaks volumes to me even if they aren't as verbally callous as some. They are worse in my opinion. I cannot believe the evilness of people that say they are speaking the word of God. I haven't lost faith in God but I have lost faith in our Priest and some other ministers I know. Brian's mom
briansfolks
Regular

Previous

Return to Fathers and Mothers