Faces of Suicide, Vol. 1

Especially for parents whose sons or daughters died by suicide.

Faces of Suicide, Vol. 1

Postby jimsmom » Thu May 15, 2014 7:31 pm

I encourage all who have experienced the loss of a loved one to go to Amazon and purchase this book. I've only read less than a 1/3 of this book, and I have been very moved by what I've read. It really brings home the pain that we have all been through. Nearly every story so far has echoed something that I've either felt or made it through someway. I can only say bravo to all who have shared their very personal story. The book really brings home the experiences that we have all been through as we struggle down this path that we didn't choose and never imagined we would have to live through.

Thanks to all that shared their story.

Jim's mom
jimsmom
Regular

Re: Faces of Suicide, Vol. 1

Postby Karyl » Sat May 31, 2014 7:04 pm

Jim's Mom,

Thanks for telling people about the Faces of Suicide book and how meaningful the stories can be.

We are planning to publish a Volume 2 in 2015, so I hope you and anyone else who is a member of this forum will think about writing your own stories to send in at that time to be included.

When we started the project, we had hoped to get around 20 - 25 stories, so it was a surprise to get 60 stories written and submitted so quickly. (We only allowed about 2 weeks for the stories to be submitted, and we'll do the same thing next time.)

The cover, also, is amazing, to me. Even if people don't want to buy the book, they can see the cover, the table of contents, and a story or two from the amazon site by clicking Look Inside.
Karyl
Site Admin

Return to Fathers and Mothers