Telling after suicide

Especially for parents whose sons or daughters died by suicide.

Telling after suicide

Postby kaboom8181 » Sun Apr 16, 2017 3:45 pm

This is my first time posting here. I am really sorry if I cann't write much. I lost my child to suicide and it still doesnt feel real. Will it ever.
I just don't know how to tell people, because every time it hits me all over again. The last person to break the news to is my sons therapist, who he saw privately out of pocket. They are on a three week break at the moment and I know it's something that needs to be done. For some reason I cannot bring myself to pick up the phone.
kaboom8181
Visitor

Re: Telling after suicide

Postby BatangAlaska » Thu Jun 29, 2017 8:40 pm

Hello Kaboom8181,

I also lost my eldest son (20 yrs) to suicide 2 months ago. At first, our instinct says that we should keep this as a secret and do not tell someone the only weakness that my son had but as we talk to elders, priest and dear friends we were convinced to share this with other. It helps in the mourning process. It gives you 1 step forward though I agree with you it will give you 2 steps backward as you tell story. Little by little it will help you.

Hugs and care for you....
BatangAlaska
Visitor

Return to Fathers and Mothers