Missing Dad

Especially for those whose mothers or fathers died by suicide.

Missing Dad

Postby Hurt » Sat Sep 27, 2014 4:11 pm

Hello, I'm 50 something years young and I lost my Dad last year to suicide. It was a total surprise and I found him. So it has been a devastating encounter for me. I feel fortunate that I had so much time with him though. I have read other posts, on other forums and blogs, and it breaks my heart when someone loses a parent so early in life. I miss my Dad everyday and wish I had one more day with him. Every time I left him I told him I loved him and he would say he loved me. I know he loved me, I just wish he would have let me help him through what ever he was going through before doing something like this. I don't think he would have done it if he realized how hard it was going to be on everyone.
Hurt

Re: Missing Dad

Postby Karyl » Sun Sep 28, 2014 8:50 am

Dear Hurt,

I am sorry that your dad is gone, and that he died by suicide. No matter how old a parent is who takes his or her life, it has to hurt.

I don't think that most people who take their lives comprehend how much their deaths will hurt others, at the time the take action.

Can you tell us a little more about your dad?
Karyl
Site Admin

Postby Hurt » Sun Sep 28, 2014 10:04 am

Dad was an older gentleman with issues about getting older. He had always been active until his health started declining many years ago. when that started he pretty much gave up on life, we didn't expect something like this out of him though.
Hurt

Postby marybeth084 » Mon Sep 29, 2014 11:26 am

I'm very sorry you are going through this. I know how bad it hurts.
Her burden's gone, she's been set free.
5/16/47-8/26/14
marybeth084
Visitor

Postby Hurt » Mon Sep 29, 2014 6:11 pm

Thanks Marybeth it is hard. I think it would have been hard it he had died of natural causes but finding him, with him taking his life is a little more than a person should have to deal with. Thanks for your repsonse
Hurt

Return to Sons and Daughters