My fathers story.

Especially for those whose mothers or fathers died by suicide.

My fathers story.

Postby DAUGHTER » Fri Aug 15, 2014 6:43 pm

My father, the first man I ever loved. He was my best friend, my hero. I remember when he used to take me and my sister out on bike rides and out door fun, to lunch, to the mall, we were his Angels. He always lit up a room, made everyone laugh and was the life of the party. He was a meat manager at Safeway and was a butcher his whole life. He took pride in it. One day my dad got into a car accident, injured his back so bad he wasn't able to work. He tried to to back but every attempt failed. He spend money on private MRIs back surgery trying to get better. Nothing worked. Doctors told him there was nothing else they could do. He searched for help through alcohol, but that turned poorly. He became depressed because everyone got sick or hearing of his pain. He felt alone and needed help. He then became an alcoholic, that became a problem for 5 years then we made him quit because he was becoming angry when he drank lashing out at his family. Drs then prescribed him OxyCondon. This was the beginning of the end. He was on this narcotic for years... Becoming immune to it where it no longer worked for him, taking 8 or more a day trying to mask the pain. He then attempted to kill himself, trying to over dose on his medication and slashing his wrists so bad he needed surgery. After that day he became a differen man appreciating life. Till 2 years later he became erratic during Christmas, buying trips and tools, and anything you can imagine... Even moving out for a month.. Coming home was a happy thing for us. He seemed to be so happy. Until a week before his death. He became distant, and quiet. We should've seen the signs... He hung himself in the garage of our family home March 2014.

I love you dad, you are still my hero. I still can hear your voice some times.. "Angie everything's going to be ok, cheer up."
DAUGHTER
Visitor

Re: My fathers story.

Postby cmarie » Fri Aug 15, 2014 7:05 pm

Angie, I am so very sorry you have lost your Dad to this awful disease. I hope you are able to find someone to talk to if you need. This is a good place to come.
The journey is full of twists and turns, hills and valleys. You need to find what works for you to get along on the path.
I'll love you forever,
I'll like you for always.
As long as I'm living,
My baby you'll be.
cmarie
Supporting

Postby Karyl » Sat Aug 16, 2014 9:20 am

Angie,

Thank you for telling us about your dad. I am so sorry that he is gone, and that he died by suicide.

Do you like to look at photos of him? Do you have photos of you and your dad together? How did you find out that he had taken his life?
Karyl
Site Admin

Postby DAUGHTER » Sat Aug 16, 2014 10:32 pm

I have so many pictures of us when me and my sister were young, for his funeral we made a slide show of pictures. It was nice to see when he was happy.

My mother found him in the garage, my sister got picked up by police cars from school. Then me at work... Every day I see that same spot where the cop told me what had happend. I'm the oldest in my house I'm 20 and my sister is 17 I try to be strong for them, but it gets hard sometimes. It's nice to read about other peoples experiences make me feel like we're not alone.
DAUGHTER
Visitor

Return to Sons and Daughters