Book Recommendation!

Especially for those whose mothers or fathers died by suicide.

Book Recommendation!

Postby momof3 » Sat Mar 24, 2012 5:36 pm

I know there is another section of the forum for this, but this book is geared towards Son's and Daughter's of Suicide. I looked on here to see if there were any recommendations or feedback and didn't find any. I am currently reading: Voices of Strength, Son's and Daughter's of Suicide. It is a really good read. I am only 1/5 of the way through it, but it has been very good/therapeutic. If you like this forum, I am guessing you'd enjoy the book.
momof3
Visitor

Re: Book Recommendation!

Postby Blossom » Mon Mar 26, 2012 3:32 am

Thank you. I am glad that it has helped you. My son (19) is a long way off 'facing' mature reflection...he rejects this stuff. He's doing it on his own young-adult terms, but I know it will come - filed for the future.

* edit - Well, I got that wrong....my son lost a brother, not a father or mother - sorry...perhaps by editing/adding this and sending it to the top of the new posts, it might get a second viewing by those who may find this book helpful.

My very best wishes for your peace.
Blossom x

If nothing else, give refuge to those in need.
Blossom
Mentor

Re: Book Recommendation!

Postby taekwoo » Sun Mar 20, 2016 7:49 am

hello momof3,

i just wanted to share that because of your post i found the first book that really addresses the pain children go through from a parent completing suicide. i realize this is an extremely old post, but i just wanted to thank you for introducing this lovely book. it's a must read for all children of suicide.
taekwoo
Visitor

Return to Sons and Daughters