Anyone else in their 20's and lose someone?

Especially for those who have lost husbands, wifes, boyfriends, girlfriends, or partners to suicide.

Anyone else in their 20's and lose someone?

Postby JessiesGirl » Thu Jan 16, 2014 2:05 pm

I'm 22, I feel like everyone who lost a significant other is older. I DO appreciate their support.. it's just that sometimes it's easier to talk to someone your age.
I'm completely miserable without him. It's hard just to be an active participant in every day life. I don't know how to move on. I HATE being so selfish in the matter, I just find it unfair that he left me here, all alone. Knowing he was the only one I ever wanted. Nobody should have to lose their love this way, and it happened to me when I was 21. I have to go the rest of my life without him, that absolutely crushes me.
I would NEVER wish this feeling on my worst enemy, but at the same time, it's always nice to know that there's someone who feels the way you do, to tell you that you aren't alone.
JessiesGirl
Visitor

Re: Anyone else in their 20's and lose someone?

Postby WifeLess » Thu Jan 16, 2014 8:36 pm

JessiesGirl,

As I recently posted to another member, around the same time that I joined this site 4 years ago, I also joined another specifically for "young" widows and widowers called YWBB. Virtually any issue related to widowhood is discussed there, and at great length, like losing and missing our spouse, loneliness, loss of purpose and direction in life, etc. And It is VERY active, with hundreds of members, many in their 20's or 30's, and dozens of posts per day. In fact, there are so many members that get-togethers with other members are often arranged.

Although YWBB is open to those who have been widowed by any means, not just suicide, there is a section where those of us who lost our spouses by "socially unacceptable" causes like suicide, addition, etc., often post. It is also quite active.

If interested, here is a link to the site: http://www.ywbb.org

--- WifeLess
Last edited by WifeLess on Wed Dec 17, 2014 10:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
WifeLess

Postby jeffryes32 » Thu Jan 23, 2014 5:44 am

Hey Jessie,

My name is Jeff I'm 27 and I lost my partner last September he was 24. We've known each other for about 10 years. I completely understand your pain. Thinking that you have to go through life in this misery. Unfortunately my loss is also recent, I'm not really sure what to tell you or what to expect. I've been attending a support group, therapy, and now in many medications.

Typically, I just keep myself busy. I guess we cope in different ways, find something that is healthy for you. I know life will never be the same and this is a very sad fact, but it will get better.

You're not alone and stay strong!

Jeff
jeffryes32

Postby peachblossom87 » Mon Jul 21, 2014 9:55 am

Hey Jessiesgirl

Im 26 and just over 2 months ago lost my boyfriend of over 5 years, im finding things incredibly difficult. Im really angry with him, angry he could do that to me, to his family to his friends like you said I wouldnt wish this feeling on my worst enemy.
I dont think ive started grieving properly I have been living on a sofa since it happened so have had no time to myself to really sort through my feelings. Hope your doing ok and let me know if you fancy a chat

Lauren
peachblossom87
Visitor

Postby eureka92 » Wed Jul 30, 2014 10:10 pm

Hi my name is Erika. I'm 22 years old & I live in Nevada. About 2 months ago, my boyfriend of 5 years committed suicide. 2 weeks after his passing, I found out im 6 weeks pregnant with his child. Now I am 3 1/2 months pregnant without my soulmate. This is the hardest thing I've ever had to overcome. It's a daily struggle to get out of bed & live life. My only motivation to live is the promise of our child. I just barely started therapy, which helps. And I have a great support group, but it's sometimes not enough. Not having my boyfriend there at night to hold me, to rub my tummy, to tell me he loves me and that everything is gonna be ok. I haven't cried this much in my entire life. My biggest fear is having another man raise my child. My heart is soo shattered, I dont even want to be with anybody else, because I love my man so much! It's so hard to be strong for my child. Whatever I feel, the baby feels. I just wanna give up sometimes, because its soo easy. But I cant. It just sucks that I have to wait for a very long time until I can see him again. I don't want to forget. I don't want to move on. I don't care if it's being selfish. I wish he was here with me.
eureka92
Visitor

Postby erikamtz » Wed Aug 13, 2014 3:33 pm

We are here for you. Never give up!

-E
Last edited by erikamtz on Wed Mar 01, 2017 1:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hope to be together again...love you
erikamtz
Regular

Postby Dawn » Fri Aug 22, 2014 5:03 pm

I am 29 and lost my 26-year-old fiance two months ago, just 3 weeks before the wedding we had planned. Every day is a blur. What I hate the most is you dont get a chance to say goodbye, and you dont know where they are, if they are well, if they can still hear you..
Dawn
Visitor

Postby Augustcrisp » Tue Sep 02, 2014 9:17 pm

I lost my ex boyfriend on August 18th. We were together for 6.5 years but had been broken up for 6 years. We were still in contact and on good terms. I still loved him very very much. He never dated anyone after me and I only dated one person, whom I ended up marrying. I am in love with my husband but not the way I loved my ex. He was much different and so passionate. He had the biggest heart and I know I will never meet anyone like him in my life again. We started dating when I was 13 years old and dated until I was 20. I am now 25 and he was 26. I'm devastated. I hope so much that he is at peace but I'm still so sad and angry that he is gone. Someone told me today that time doesn't heal all wounds but the blow softens as time goes on. I sure hope that is true, because right now as more time goes on, the harder it seems to be.
Augustcrisp
Visitor

Postby mydnyghtamethyst » Sun Sep 21, 2014 6:04 am

I know how you feel. I lost my fiance 3 years ago, a couple weeks after my 21st birthday. I was in another relationship for about a year and a half that just ended about a month ago. While I loved my BF nothing could stop me from thinking of my first (my true soul mate) every single day. And it didn't help that he was was somewhat abusive and neglectful. And I would be so ashamed of myself knowing my love would be so upset at me and the way I was allowing myself to be treated.
mydnyghtamethyst

Postby Hawk » Sun Sep 21, 2014 11:28 pm

I'm 23 and lost my mom a month ago. It's a strange feeling to say that I know what your going through as aside from my immideate family there is no one aside from everyone on this site that I can comfortably talk to about this as I don't feel they know what we are going through. I am sorry for your loss and believe no one should have to go through this
“Tears shed for another person are not a sign of weakness. They are a sign of a pure heart.”
Hawk

Next

Return to Left Alone