Anyone else in their 20's and lose someone?

Especially for those who have lost husbands, wifes, boyfriends, girlfriends, or partners to suicide.

Re: Anyone else in their 20's and lose someone?

Postby rememberingrichard » Wed Nov 05, 2014 4:58 am

Hey doll

I'm tre I lost my first boyfriend of a year and a half on sep 8 2014 his name was Richard slowey. He was 24 and I am 21. He lived with me and I'm in a constant struggle every day I have little recorces where i am (maui) and have really just my grandma to vent to as my so called friends seemed to all disappear. He was and is my best friend and we spoke about marriage often. It came as a shock and still don't feel I've accepted it emotionally. I witnessed it and painfully aware he's no longer here everyday as I wakeup in our bed or do my tasks daily. I never thought at 21 I'd have soo much regret and loss.

If I have any advice to share it would be the one thing I tell myself to temporarily ease my grief into spurts is that
"I will have the rest of my life to miss Richard he means so much to me and I have a long way to go so pace yourself"

I'm so sorry for your loss it was significant loss and maybe the toughest thing you've had to live through so far I know that it is for me. I love you and feel for you. This is the first post I've replied to I haven't reached out but I difinetly feel our age has a gap of peer support I know Ive wanted to connect with people closer to my age so I thought id reach out to you.

Its only been 2 long months for me but I hear it gets better TRy to take care of yourself .

Sending love
Tre remembering Richard
rememberingrichard

Postby nstem84 » Thu Dec 04, 2014 2:00 pm

I know how you are feeling. I know you wanted someone in their 20's but I just turned 30 on Dec. 1st. But lost my first love on Thanksgiving morning. I never knew what a lost like this would feel like, but now I do. And to be honest it really sucks! I just keep hoping and wishing it is a dream. That I'm going to wake up any moment, and with he dry and sick humor he will just say Just kidding. Today I read the letter he left behind. And to read what he left helped but didn't help. I don't know how to feel since he took my whole heart with him. I don't know if I will ever be able to love someone again and I'm sure you feel that way too. I'm sorry for your loss!
nstem84
Visitor

Postby vida » Mon Dec 08, 2014 6:10 am

i am vida 22yr old..I lost my 25 yr old boyfriend to suicide on 26th sep 2014.. since past 5yrs we were friends and we were dating since 8months till then..it was a long distance relationship..he just ended his life due to some stupid misunderstandings between us..I feel so ashamed of my self that I did not understand him at that point of time..I feel so angry on me tht I couldn't do anything to save him...dnt knw hw to deal wit this pain which he left behind for me...sumtimes even I feel suicidal bt then I tel myself I cnt do d same mistake of what he did and hurt my parents..I dnt see any future without him cz al I evr wntd ws him to be wit me..he ws so loving n I ws so stubborn. .he kept telin me he ws suicidal n I nevr took him seriously. .I wish I could hv taken him seriously. .I completely understand ur situation and your pain and what ur goin through and losing someone when ur in ur 20s..u feel like ur life has no future..bt all I can tel u tht...The 1 who can help is only yourself..you have to make effort..try to forget everything n move on..take helps from ur frnds and family talk to them whenever you feel low..go out as much as you can...this is wt I do to heal me n keep me distracted because its just 3 months since he is not wit me..and it wil take time..I knw the truth that he is nt with me but still cnt/don't want to accept it :(
just take care of your self. .eventualy time wil heal most of the things
vida
Visitor

Postby apwhufc » Wed Dec 17, 2014 11:21 am

I am, i lost Katie the one person i cannot live without in the summer to suicide of the most awful kind. She had only just turned 20 years old, i can't bear it. I can't bear to imagine how much she suffered, how scared she must have been, i can't bear to imagine her not existing, not knowing where she is and if she's is okay. She was the love of my life, i don't even know how to describe it, stupid things happened feelings got in the way i hadn't seen her for so long, but i loved her unconditionally, it was my job to protect her. I will never love anyone like that again. All the years i've lived such a miserable depressing life and Katie was the one thing that made it better and she's left me behind, i can't take it.
apwhufc
Visitor

Postby Januarylove » Sat Jan 10, 2015 1:36 am

my name is britney, im 25 and i lost my wife to suicide this september. we were together 12 years when she died and in a couple weeks it will be our 2 year wedding anniversary. shes my world and im so lost without her. i cant understand why she left me hear and i miss her so much.
Januarylove
Visitor

Postby ketaa » Tue Mar 08, 2016 9:20 am

I lost my boyfriend a year ago march 5, 2015. He was 20 and i was 24 . He was depressed for a long time but he hid it to me. He committed suicide. He jumped off the bridge and for almost 3months we found his body. It was such a heartache everyday and unreal heartbreaking tragedy that I'm dealing now every minute everyday of my life until now. No words can describe the pain that stabbing me. It's brooding and agonizing every time I think of him. Everyday is dark and sad day since that day.
ketaa

Postby Karyl » Tue Mar 08, 2016 11:15 pm

Ketaa,

I am sorry your boyfriend is gone, and that he died by suicide.

You said that it took three months to find his body. Oh my. I cannot imagine what that was like. Can you tell us a little bit more about him? How did you find out that he had died, and how did you find out that his death was by suicide?
Karyl
Site Admin

Postby TeranA » Tue Mar 15, 2016 1:28 am

Yes, you are not alone. I lost my boyfriend 5 months ago. We were both 18 when we met and 3 years later I lost him to suicide at age 21.
It is the hardest feeling to love the person you love, I feel so alone most of the time. He was the only person that I wanted to be with and knowing that he is now gone breaks my heart.
People don't seem to understand, some say because i'm "so young" because "we were not married" because "we did not have children". That means nothing to me, we had such an immense amount of love for each other and nobody could take that away from us. When you open your heart to someone, that person becomes part of your life. All the memories, all the laughs, everything! I miss all of it and i'm told to let him go to forget already but people who have not lost a loved one will not understand what its like to feel this pain. Sometimes I cant believe this is my life, that I actually lost the person I always thought I would build a future with.
So I guess we will only find out with time how to cope and deal with our losses.
TeranA
Visitor

Postby ketaa » Fri Mar 18, 2016 5:35 pm

He's such a good guy it never crossed my mind that he would do that. He hid from me that he's been suffering to depression for over a year that time from his moms death. I am a foreign worker here. And i support my family i have lots of responsibilities. He wouldn't want me to worry and get sad and to think about him everytime, he was still thinking about me even tho he was suffering. I loved him so much and he was always telling me that I am one of the greatest thing that has happened to him and that I am making him so much happy. He always spend time with me everyday he was making me feel that I'm being loved even tho I have no family here. Until now it hurts to death. Everything here everywhere reminds me of him I cry a lot of times everyday still. I am still longing for him his voice that comforts me everytime I miss my family. I want him and his hugs and how he makes me feel loved..my love for him still grows every single time when I think of the things we did together and the promises. Two days before he died he brought me a big stuff toy he told me to hold it everytime I miss him. I assured myself by asking if he is going to leave me. He was crying in front of me when we were at his truck I knew he was still grieving by his moms death. I should have known that it's more than that. The night before he died he phoned me on my break at work. He told me he will become my guardian angel when he died. I thought he was telling me when we grow old. when I got home I texted him and I got no response I was really going to surprise him at his house that time but I got so tired and fell asleep. I feel so stupid and that I am so regretful till now that I didn't go to check him out. His last txt to me is that he love me with his whole heart. His sister phoned me in the afternoon that he texted her suicidal txt that he would jump off the bridge cos he couldn't take it anymore. She said 5mins after the txt she couldnt reach him anymore.I rushed to his house and the policemen were there. And police said to us a person reported about the man jumped off the bridge same time and same description. I didn't believe this. It was so unreal. I slept over her sisters house the first night. I was waiting the whole night for him to come back..it was the worst night in my life..I was crying at the corner of their house. I kept on calling his phone for almost 3months. So it goes like that until we found his body. 7hours drive away from our town. I wanna reach him everyday and ask if he still loves me..cos I wanna hear I wanna hear his voice again and feel secured by his love and comfort..Ive seen his friends cried his family his teacher his ex I knew he is such a good guy and that he wouldn't want to hurt anybody. I wish I could still see him and tell him I love him even how much I am hurting right now..
ketaa

Postby ketaa » Fri Mar 18, 2016 5:49 pm

Terana,

I'm so sorry about you loss. I totally know how it feels like to feel alone and the heartache everytime you miss him. And that no one no words no thing in this earth can take that away. I just pray and hope that in time we will be healed.
Pls tell us about how did he died and how are you coping up everyday. Pls tell me how.. I would want to hear your feelings about it
ketaa

PreviousNext

Return to Left Alone